Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Team Pest USA for fresh articles!
Fruit flies get their name because they are frequently seen hovering around decaying fruit and vegetables.
- Color: Yellowish brown to dark brown body, some have distinctive red eyes
- Legs: 6
- Shape: Small, oval
- Size: 1/8"
- Antennae: Yes
- Region: Throughout the United States
- Habits: Fruit flies are common structural pests frequently associated with fermenting fruits, vegetables and yeast.
- Habitat: These small pests can commonly be found in homes, restaurants and other food processing facilities. They can be found on moist, decaying matter that has been stationary for several days.
- Threats: Fruit flies are found in unsanitary conditions, so they are a potential health concern.