Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Team Pest USA for fresh articles!
House crickets Frequently enter and taking up residence within houses. The loud chirping noise produced by these insects can become distracting and unsettling to some people.
- Color: Yellowish-brown with 3 dark bands across the top of the head.
- Legs: 6
- Shape: Long, winged
- Size: 3/4 - 7/8”
- Antennae: Yes, slender and longer than the body
- Region: All
- Habits: House crickets are active at night and prefer to live outside during warm weather but will move indoors when weather gets colder. These annoying pests can live indefinitely indoors. Once inside house crickets are attracted to and will eat large holes in clothing soiled with perspiration.
- Habitat: House crickets like moist areas such as wood piles, stones, heavy mulch and landscape timbers. Gaps around doors, windows and where pipes and wires penetrate exterior walls provide access to the interior.
- Threats: Damage to clothing, fabric and carpeting is possible if these crickets are not promptly removed or controlled.