Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Team Pest USA for fresh articles!
Phorid flies are also known as humpbacked flies, resembling Fruit flies but are humped backed in appearance.
- Color: Yellowish to dull brown
- Legs: 6
- Shape: Small, oval
- Size: 1/8"
- Antennae: Yes
- Region: Found throughout U.S.
- Habits: Phorid flies are often seen hopping or running along kitchen countertops and moist areas in search of food.
- Habitat: These tiny flies can be found in the same areas Fruit flies are as well as breeding in plumbing and drains in kitchens, bathrooms, crawl spaces and basements.
- Threats: Adults Phorid flies often visit unsanitary places and may transport disease-causing organisms to food.