Phorid flies are also known as humpbacked flies, resembling Fruit flies but are humped backed in appearance.
- Color: Yellowish to dull brown
- Legs: 6
- Shape: Small, oval
- Size: 1/8"
- Antennae: Yes
- Region: Found throughout U.S.
- Habits: Phorid flies are often seen hopping or running along kitchen countertops and moist areas in search of food.
- Habitat: These tiny flies can be found in the same areas Fruit flies are as well as breeding in plumbing and drains in kitchens, bathrooms, crawl spaces and basements.
- Threats: Adults Phorid flies often visit unsanitary places and may transport disease-causing organisms to food.