Though we may experience another stint of warmer weather, it appears that temperatures are cooling off. For those of us who are ready for things to cool down a bit, the change of seasons isn’t all fun and games. This is because once we transition from summer to fall, the critters outside will want to move indoors with us. It’s critter season! All of those squirrels, mice and similar pests that you forgot about when spring rolled around are coming home for the fall and winter, your home! The signs aren’t always obvious that we�have a critter problem, so how can we determine for ourselves? Team Pest USA, located in and around Atlanta, Ga, has these warning signs to look out for!
Warning Signs of a Rodent Problem
- What time of year is it? Like we stated before that cooler months tend to push these pests from the outdoors and into where it is a bit warmer. Start looking for warning signs when the weather cools.
- Check for chewing. From wires to insulation, check all of the things for unfamiliar wear and tear. This might be an indication that a rat or squirrel has been chewing on them.
- Droppings.�This is a pretty sure sign that an unwelcome guest might be inhabiting your home.
- Sounds that go bump in the night.�If you are hearing strange noises like scratching or scurrying, it might be a signal to call in the experts. Often times, homeowners will not see the critters, but they might hear them.
- Stains and Smells.�Are you finding inexplicable stains around your home? Or can’t seem to get rid of that smell no matter how often you clean? This too, might be another sign that you have a furry little roommate.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs listed above, contact us! We will come out quickly and asses the issue. You can also keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter!